Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who Am I?

Hello Friends,

My name is Ashley Nicole Tingle. I am currently a senior at Coker College in Hartsville, South Carolina. I am majoring in Psychology and planning to make Spanish my 2nd major. I am 21 years old and I have faced some very challenging things in my life making me the person I am today. I am very hardworking, ambitious, open minded, and an all around fun person. At home, I work and go to school full time. Things haven't always been easy for me. I've had to work ten times hard than the person beside and had to keep a smile on my face at the same time. My freshmen year of college I lost my scholarship due to a lot of problems at that time and ever since I've been struggling to get by in school, but here I am going to Costa Rica. How? Well entering Coker I declared my major in Physical Education and I can't say that was the best decision for me. I struggled for three years in that field until I decided to change my major. I changed my major last semester of my junior year. Yes, it sounds crazy, but believe it or not without studying abroad I would graduate on time, but I decided to extend my education a year and go for more instead of settling due to inspiration from my professors at school. Now I'm focusing on two majors and I'm striving for everything I can get. I never had things handed to me. I've always had to work for them, so here I am in Costa Rica and I'm working even harder! Me on my own, no help, no person guiding me along the way. JUST ME!! BUT, I'm happier than I''ve ever been! I honestly feel that this is the best decision I could have ever made in my life. How many people can say that they have done what I'm doing? Not many, but you can. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley! I am so proud of you! If there's one thing that I can say I've always preached it's to stay positive because yes things can and will get bad, but things can and will get better too!! I haven't had things handed to me in my life either! I am paying for students loans, a car & only working part time! So I defiantly understand the struggles of a college student!! But, all you can do is stay positive & know that in the long run, you will look back and say, "I'm so glad I pushed myself to do this! Look at me now!!" Keep your head up & know that you are not alone! I look up to you for taking chances & making changes & never giving up! Can't wait to see you back at Coker girl but enjoy it while you can!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are sharing a couple of great lessons here and I hope others see the blog so they can 2) know it is never too late to take a different path and 2) getting literally outside of the box of the same can have some enormous benefits. Look forward to reading your blog. Now, you also have to follow my cokerexperience blog -- in influence we call that reciprocity.

    ReplyDelete